Because each child has a different pace, skills, and abilities, we offer a varied and full activity schedule.
Each week has a different theme, linked to an element of Francophone culture, around which activities are focused.
A typical day usually involves:
• arrival and greeting
• whole group game to make children at ease and introducing French keywords...
• small group (6 children) arts and crafts or cooking
• free playtime with activities on offer
• whole group game
• small group (6 children) activity
• lunch and free play (again with one activity on offer)
• whole or small groups depending on the activity: outdoor athletic games / a food and taste awareness activity / role play...
• music-based game to finish the day.
We set our day with a similar school day routine with 3 outside playtimes but activities are different every day.
The play-based aspect of our activities allows children to take pleasure in speaking French and also discover new games and new abilities, to meet and make friends with peers and with the leaders.
We organise theme weeks:
During the week, children might "pop in" to:
• a restaurant, a shop, or a cafe to create role-play with real food!
• a theater or circus for role play
• a sports facility to be active.
Summer 2020: Partons en vacances: different sports, local food...
Summer 2019: La mer: tennis, water games, making ice cream, creating a café...
Summer 2018: 1st week: Princesses et chevaliers - La Loire: its castles, river, and specialties...
2nd week: Gargantua - J'aime manger!: old traditional games, food tech, restaurant role-play...
October 2017 - French Halloween: art&craft, drink experimentation, spooky games...
Activities for 2020: "En vacances en France"
We will "cross the channel"... learning a song and racing each other.
We will spend each day in a different part of France; le Nord, le Sud, l'Ouest, l'Est et le Centre... and discover land marks playing various games, creating a French map, building land marks.....
We will experience French playground games and favourite French sports.
We will learn French songs (disco, games...) and short sentences to use when going to France.
We love using our outdoor spaces as often as possible
We have now 2 covered areas where we can set out the tables and be in the shade if needed.
We do as many activities as possible outside: art&craft, sports, games, free time and our lunchtime
(eating together the French way without forgetting our "bon appétit")